Work for us
Escape Room Assistant Manager
Fast growing independent local business seeking motivated, customer focussed professional for permanent part time Assistant Manager position.
Are you a problem solver? An engaging storyteller? An experienced team leader?
We are looking for a new team member who is driven to push themselves, the team, and the company on to the next level.
Hours: Minimum 20 hours per week, including a shift every Saturday.
Salary: £24,000 p/a pro rata. £11.54 per hour. Overtime at £12.50 per hour
Application deadline: 13/11/2021
Expected start date: 20/11/2021
· Welcoming customers
· Giving a clear safety brief
· Immersing participants in the storyline with an engaging and instructive narrative brief
· Watching the group on the CCTV – providing clues when requested/required
· Debriefing and taking the team photo
· Resetting the room (following a checklist)
· Creating and posting social media content across platforms
· Maintaining directory website listings
· Ensuring local venues are well stocked with leaflets
· Updating website content
· Ensuring all shifts are covered by staff
Responsibilities may develop to incorporate line management, more in depth marketing, and sales.
· Required: English and Maths GCSE (C and above)
· Required: Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Desired: Undergraduate degree
· Required: Experience in a customer facing role
· Desired: Experience leading a team
· Desired: Experience posting social media content
· Good customer manner
· Ability to memorise and repeat the key elements of the briefing
· Ability to reset the room exactly, quickly, in between groups
· Confidence dealing with unexpected customer/room issues
How to apply?
If this sounds like you, apply by sending your C.V. along with a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role, and a short video to us by email: email@example.com
The video should be approx. 1 minute, and be of yourself giving a briefing to a team about to go into a Sherlock Holmes themed escape room – don’t worry about any details or specifics, feel free to make things up for your video – this is really about getting the group in the zone!
If successful in your application, we will invite you to an in person interview at The Evidence Room.
Masks worn during briefing, temperature checks on arrival. Customers and employees are not to attend if have any symptoms.
In the world of escape rooms, Evidence Room founder Ben is a ‘long time listener, first time caller’, but you can be sure that the call will be long and rambling, regularly derailed by a tangent or a metaphor that takes it far away from the long forgotten point of the call, a little bit like this bio…
When he’s not tracking down obscure props, he can be found in the pub watching the mighty/feeble (delete according to stage of season) Arsenal.
When visiting The Evidence Room, be sure to ask to see what socks Dan is wearing; he’ll be more than happy to show off his proud collection.
Dan is looking to get into the world of social media management, with the dream of becoming a moderator for his beloved Chelsea (a true trophy winning football team).
When asked to write her bio, Emma noticed that all her colleagues had mentioned sports teams, and raised the question “can pizza be my sports team?” To which we answered: Absolutely!
In her spare time (when not eating pizza), Emma enjoys making improvements to her Animal Crossing island, watching Hamilton on repeat, and attempting to break her personal best Rubik’s Cube time.